4th CBFP Plenary Meeting to take place from 19 to 22 2012 in N’Djamena, Tchad
19.09.2012 - 22.09.2012
CBFP Facilitation is pleased to announce that the 4th CBFP Plenary Meeting will take place from 19 to 22 September 2012 in N’Djamena. You are kindly invited to attend this meeting which will highlight the celebration of the 10th Anniversary of the CBFP.
The meeting draft agenda includes three important events:
1- September 19 2012: A thematic workshop on (1) Urban and Peri-urban Forestry and on (2) the Fight against Desertification in the Congo Basin. These two themes are most often underestimated in development policies agendas in the Congo Basin. Since Kinshasa 2010, CBFP Facilitation committed itself to be the torch-bearer in the search for additional funding for the implementation of the UN Convention for the Fight against Desertification.
2- September 20 to 21 2012: he 4th CBFP Plenary Meeting. The Agenda and venue will be communicated later-
Discussions shall be organized in six (06) sessions:
• Session1.1 CBFP Facilitation road map: From Kinshasa to Douala (via Bujumbura) - in plenary
• Session1.2 COMIFAC Report - in plenary
• Session 2 Contextualization - International, regional and sub-regional environment - in plenary
• Session 3: Information Market – Partnership Show – 6 Thematic markets are suggested
• Session 4: Introductory exposés of thematic sessions related to important priorities – in plenary
• Session 5: Side thematic sessions with emphasis on cross themes in all thematic sessions: (a) Gender equality for sustainable development in the Congo Basin (b) Participation of CSOs to resource management – Towards a greater implication of the civil society, Revitalization of networks – Paradigm shift - From regional to local. (c) to develop human resources for a better management of forest ecosystems
ü Workshop 1: Follow-up of the Durban joint declaration on REDD
ü Workshop 2: RIO + 20 – Global Transition towards a green economy in the Congo Basin
ü Workshop 3 Intensification of poaching in the Congo Basin
ü Workshop 4: Deforestation engine
- Session 6: Plenary session for the restitution of group work open to all partners and observers/
- Session 7: Closing ceremony
3- September 22 2012, Concluding the Meeting, the CBFP Facilitation and the Chadian Ministry for Environment and Water Resources propose a one-day excursion – field visits. Participants will visit: Group 1 - Lake Chad - Group
Group 2- The great Green Belt – Green Wall – l Acacia albida plantation in the South
Furthermore, partners who wish to organize side events during the meeting should make it know early.
Once again, welcome to the 4th CBFP Plenary Meeting from 19 to 22 September 2012